Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hello There! I'm Caitlin and I just graduated from the University of Redlands with a Bachelor in English: Creative Writing. I am an aspiring writer and an avid photographer who has traveled to 18 countries during my short twenty-two years of life. I've been sky diving over the Swiss Alps, ridden atop a camel in the Egyptian Sahara Desert, explored a flooded Peruvian palm jungle in a dug out wooden canoe, gone canyoning through Costa Rican waterfalls...and that's just the beginning. Traveling and adventure pump through my veins, so I hope my life passions can clash in beautiful and active unity.
Entering the "real world" for me involves pursuing my dreams of bringing awareness to wildlife and nature conservation issues around the world through writing and photography. I am off to Thailand September 10th with my friend Terra, where upon initially arriving we will volunteer at an elephant conservation park in Chiang Mai. We will travel for two and a half months total (unless I get sucked in and can't come back to the states...) and will hopefully volunteer with another wildlife conservation organization during that time possibly in Laos, Cambodia, and/or Nepal. Traveling and taking the time to become intimate with different countries has allowed me to understand different cultures in a personal manner that would never happen otherwise.
I enjoy traveling alone because it makes you put yourself out there, allows you to let go of inhibitions. However, I am really looking forward to the dynamic duo that is Caitlin and Terra. I'm not afraid of experiencing new and crazy endeavors, meeting new people, or exploring uncharted territories. I hope to provide a voice for animals and nature and promote activism and change through art.

No comments: